Ok, I don’t like the whole resolution thing, because it seems hokey to me. But I do have some goals I would like to achieve this year. Knitting goals:
- knit myself a poncho
- knit myself a pair of socks
- make something with cables
- make something with colorwork
- design something
- get a design published somewhere (maybe I’ll have to resort to here, however, I would rather have something more official, if you know what I mean)
- Finish a mountain bike race
- Read at least one classic novel
In knitting news, I have been working on a pair of socks that my mom requested.
These are the Fancy Silk Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks that I got for xmas. She chose the yarn (Magic Stripes, Lumberjack) and the pattern. I don’t know if you can see the lace-work too well. This is perhaps the most labor intensive knitting I’ve done, because you can’t memorize the pattern, as every other row out of 12 is different. Maybe the socks are labor intensive, however the Apple Picker’s Basket-Weave Poncho that I am knitting for my cousin has taken forever compared to other things I have knit (since September. Obviously I have not undertaken any huge projects.)
I am about 4 repeats from done the second panel, then I have to graft the pieces together. I’m very bored with this project, which is probably why it isn’t done yet.