1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool. I like silk, although I haven’t knit with it yet, I have some to work with. I do not like Lopi Lite, and most acrylics make me cringe because of their texture and the impact they have on the environment. I love sock yarn!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Right now I store them in a holder on my desk, and the circulars in their case they came in. I would like to have some kind of DPN holder, I’m thinking of sewing one.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for 2 years this November. I consider myself intermediate working towards advanced, and I learned when I was younger from my grandmother, though it didn’t stick at the time. (I have a blog post about this somewhere.)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I have an Amazon account as well as a digital list on my computer which I can send you via email.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I like spicy scents, citrus and some fruity scents. I am not a big flowery type person. Grapefruit and mint are two that I love.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, a major sweet tooth. Most candy is great, although I try to find candy that has less crap in it (like organic or vegetarian friendly).
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don’t spin, but I do want to learn. I sew, some scrapbooking, and I do other crafty things when I want to or have the opportunity to.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a variety of music. I have a ton saved already in MP3 format, so it would be hard to say what I don’t have.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Blue is my favorite. I tend to gravitate towards earth tones. I am not a fan of pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with a cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don’t wear too many scarves or hats. Mittens are great, and I like ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have a ton of things I want to knit, and I am willing to try anything. I knit lots of socks though because they are small and portable.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of shorts, socks, and a baby sweater.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I do, I think that they are so much more valuable because they were made by someone who took their time to create it.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like aluminum, straight or circular depends on the project. Socks are a definite DPN project. I have tried bamboo and plastic, however I feel more comfortable with aluminum.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder, but my swift is a lampshade or my husband. Whichever is handy.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 3 months?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like snow days when I don’t have to go to school :o)
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Interweave Knits. I don’t have a particular yarn because there are so many that I like but haven’t had a chance to try yet. Books are listed on my wishlist, and for patterns you can check Ravelry (if you are in).
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I would like to learn cabling, which I plan to tackle next. I have cable needles and patterns, I just have to try it!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, my foot is 8.75 inches long and 8.5 inches circumference.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Yes, I’m whoneedsgauge
If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask! :o)